My name is Jose Antonio Reyes and I have known Dr. Terrence Gatsby for 4 years. He has worked for me as a Managing Director in my office at IGM Global Inc., where I am the CEO. I have held this position since the company’s inception.
I am writing to recommend Dr. Terrence Gatsby. In all my years of experience, Dr. Terrence Gatsby stands out for his professionalism including his intelligence, work ethic, positive attitude, teamwork mentality, leadership, diligence, and relationship management. He is well respected throughout the organization for being the “go-to” person for operational excellence.
Throughout the time I’ve known him, he has consistently demonstrated a positive attitude. During his time with IGM, he played an important role in launching the company and its product line. This included designing the architecture in order to establish a global on-line presence. In fact, he was so effective in this role that IGM Global is now the leader in preparing C-Level executives for the 4th industrial revolution.
In summation, due to his great attitude, dedication and excellent potential, I would heartily recommend Dr. Gatsby. I am confident he would be a great asset to your team.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance. I can be reached at my email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a technology Leader with 20+ years of IT experience including 15+ years of broad-based management in Systems Design and Development, Implementation and Support, I have effectively managed broad areas of major project solutions in support of business objectives and corporate goals. I have installed vision and creativity to drive forward new cost effective technology services with innovative strategies resulting in competitive positioning and accelerated revenue growth. I have a verifiable history of enhancing business development, as well as implementing best system procedures and project developments through the application of advanced technical acumen coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills.
Currently the Chief Information Officer (CIO) at Clout.com
Certified in IT security, networking, and project management. A unique combination of educational certifications, ambition and diverse organizational experience, and a simple philosophy helps guide my work and personal life: nobody accomplishes much by themselves, it takes a team effort and help from the experts around you.
On the job, I deliver superior administration by utilizing effective communication and negotiation skills, as well as business and technological strategies, systems analysis, project and budget management to support efficiency and maximum returns. Colleagues describe me as a progressive and proactive individual who can be relied on to offer superior solutions that deliver profitable results on time and under budget. My vision is “To be recognized as a world class technology leader in quality & value and also a critical component of corporate strategy who is loved by all clients and staff. “
Chief Information Officer
Clout uses bank data and A.I. to leverage the power of community and technology, delivering cash back on every purchase at 1000s of merchants. Using a data-driven platform Clout links consumers, merchants and over 19.000 banks to record transactions, identify rewards, audit earnings and record important spending data.
Chief Information Officer (CIO) 2017 – Present
Responsible for strategic business planning and product development.
- Managed front-end, back-end and middle-tier teams to assure code quality and on time delivery in adherence with product architecture and business requirements.
- Increased efficiency of development group by 25% through matrix organizational structure that allowed for responsive shift of experts to meet user needs.
- Reduced software defects from 450/month to 35 by assigning developer accountability, establishing firm rules for object oriented module re-use, and introducing advanced code generation tools.
- Reduced staffing by over 25% within first 3 months while supporting increased business requirements.
- Decreased the amount of trouble tickets by 90% using new quality and development procedures.
- Reduced software downtime from 50% to <2%.
- Implemented rigorous development and testing processes decreasing software defects by 60%.
- Slashed manual processes by 50% with resultant reduction in overhead costs.
- Reanalyzed AWS infrastructure, eliminated unnecessary resources and reduced costs by 33%.
IGM Global, Inc.
Managing Director, IT
SVP, IT Operations
IGM is a Korean corporation that specializes in educating corporate executives. IGM has trained over 15,000 executives from large global companies such as Samsung, LG, BMW, IBM, etc. It is the largest executive training center in the world. With the creation of IGM Global, Inc., IGM now provides the same level of training by recognized global thought leaders to executives online all over the world.
Managing Director, IT 2017 – 2017
Involved in all aspects of business strategy and operations. Driving transition of IGM from subscription-based model to transactional, B2B model.
- Effectively led the company to attain a leadership position in preparing C-Level executives for the 4th industrial revolution.
- Fundraised $1.2 Million in a 3-month timeframe.
- Managed a global IT which stretched across 15 countries & 4 continents
- Effectively managed offshore development accruing a savings of $325,000.
SVP, IT Operations 2015 – 2017
Selected by both the Chairman and the CEO to jump-start the design and implementation of a world-class online educational platform which has a global footprint serving regions all over the world with localized content.
- Led a product localization in 15 countries in English, French, German, Indian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mandarin, & Spanish.
- Spearheaded the design and implementation of a technology architecture and online educational platform initiative built on an extensive Amazon Web Services cloud-based environment with a global content delivery network (CDN) which guaranteed a 99.996% uptime and over $3 Million in revenue for the first 9 months after launching the product line.
Hybrid Logic Media, LLC.
Hybrid Logic Media (HLM) was an industry leader in professional websites and mobile application designs, strategy, development, and hosting. HLM produced successful online solutions for organizations in the media and entertainment industry, including networks, venues, publications and more. In 2015, the business was acquired by a larger media and entertainment company to enhance their services.
Director, IT 2011 – 2015
Responsible for overall technology vision, product development, and customer delivery for a 100+ person web development company servicing a large number of media and entertainment companies. Led all aspects of architecture, software and product development, including all make vs. buy analysis, investment rationalization, and delivery schedule for high-end clients.
- Created new cloud-based product offerings and accompanying organizational division to drive and support sales and new customer acquisition which led to a significant rise in revenue.
- Reduced the development lifecycle 30% by streamlining process through the implementation of ITIL, instilling accountability and upgrading tools and training.
- Delivered profitable P&Ls with revenues ranging to $9.5Million
- Implemented IT outsourcing and offshoring strategies resulting in 1.7 Million development cost savings.
Senior IT Architect
Senior Network Engineer
PJM is responsible for managing the electric grid of the eastern United States. It is a regional transmission operator (RTO). It is the primary part interconnection grid operating an electric transmission system serving the entire eastern United States. It is also the world’s largest competitive wholesale electricity market, which is conducted through an online day-ahead like NASDAQ.
Sr. IT Architect 2005 – 2011
Managed $40 million budget for all software and hardware, license term subscriptions, and consulting contracts by collaborating with cross-functional teams such as Procurement, Legal, IT and Engineering in reviewing terms and conditions, determining requirements, and negotiating pricing. Provided quarterly reports of spend on expenses and amortized fees. Selected with several other individuals to design and implement the NextGen power grid for the eastern United States.
- Managed a technical staff of 35+ and budget of $40 Million for 4-year project.
- Reduce server footprint and create a dynamic infrastructure by employing cloud computing and other recommendations resulting in the virtualization of 90% of the systems responsible for power grid and wholesale market reliability.
- Implemented 1,600 virtual systems & decommission 2,300 physical systems cutting operational cost by 36% while simultaneously increasing grid efficiency.
- Led a global design and implementation of a large SOA (service oriented architecture) initiative for eastern US power grid saving grid members over $5 Million annually.
Sr. Network Engineer 2001 – 2005
Recruited to help standup electrical wholesale market system in web-based internet trading system.
- Spearheaded implementation of technology architecture initiatives including current and future technologies (i.e. networks, mainframe, distributed/grid systems, UNIX, VM, and WIN systems) taking reliability from 89.65% to 99.995% uptime.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) program provides the knowledge to successfully apply information technology theory and principles to address real world business opportunities and challenges. The program covers fundamental and advanced knowledge in a variety of IT related topic areas. The program provides the opportunity to specialize through the selection of University of Phoenix IT academic certificates, aligned to industry certifications, to support IT career goals.
Masters of Science, Metaphysical Science
Metaphysics deals with basic philosophical questions such as: What is being? What is truth? What is the essence of something? Is reality one or many? Metaphysics and Epistemology focuses mainly on the question of how these metaphysical questions are affected by hermeneutical philosophy as it has been developed in the 19th and 20th century. In particular, this impact is examined in discussion with the work of philosophers such as Schleiermacher, Dilthey, Husserl, Heidegger, Gadamer, Ricoeur and Derrida.
Quantum theory and quantum physics have added new dimensions to what we now call metaphysical science, providing us with tested and proven models that demonstrate how our physical world is not really physical. Neuroscience and consciousness studies have shown how the world we experience as physical is created by thought and feeling in the mind.
Metaphysics has taken on new meaning in an age of rapid change and planetary interconnectedness. Answering the questions of who we really are and the true nature of our existence is no longer a personal issue. These questions and how we answer them are now first and foremost in whether or not humanity can survive and flourish on this planet in a healthy and civilized manner.
Doctor of Philosophy, Transpersonal Counseling
The founding principle of Transpersonal Counseling is the recognition of the existence of a dimension to human nature greater than the individual. The basic philosophy is that connecting with this larger part of one’s self is instrumental in heightening and invigorating creativity, health, and full human potential. Transpersonal Counseling focuses on the nature of humanity, the nature of the universe, the nature of reality, and holistic living. This principle is expressed through twin goals.It encourages individuals to test personally and to apply these core concepts in order to grow toward integration of body, mind, and spirit. Individuals are also encouraged to transform the growth they experience into profound service to others.
Transpersonal counselors use various depth psychologies and techniques to help clients such as analytical psychology based on Carl Jung’s work, archetypal psychology of James Hillman, spiritual psychology of Robert Sardello; psychosynthesis founded by Roberto Assigoli, and the theories of Abraham Maslow, Stanislav Grof, and others. Transpersonal counseling is an eclectic field that studies the transpersonal, self-transcendent or spiritual aspects of human experience. Transpersonal counseling is concerned with the study of humanity’s highest potential, attempting to describe and to integrate spiritual experience within modern psychological theory.
Certified Project Manager
Certified in Homeland Security – Level 3
Certified Cisco Design Associate (CCDA)
Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA)
Certified Cisco Network Professional (CCNP)
Certified CheckPoint Security Associate (CCSA)
Certified CheckPoint Security Expert (CCSE)
IT Strategy Development and Implementation
Focus on Customer and Business Objectives
- Established department goals, objectives and operating procedures, identifying opportunities for appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources.
- Orchestrated Operations Excellence initiative, including change management, root cause analysis, emergency system restorations, and daily service reviews.
- Managed performance and development of leaders and team members across multiple IT disciplines. Executed transactional and transformational activities by leadership example.
- Identified, researched and provided recommendations on IT projects to create new revenue streams by selling services to outside organizations. SME for sales of these services.
- Secured client contract extensions based on consistent performance. Earned client trust through collaborative approach to problem solving and stable operations.
- Successfully managed multiple budgets in excess of $40MM. Managed planning, tracking and forecasting Operations group financial budget.
- Evaluated, determined and communicated risks and ROI associated with IT investments to executive management.
- Researched and implemented new technologies and processes related to servers, operating systems, systems management, storage systems, database systems, virtualization, cloud OS and networks to reduce IT costs for increased profitability, efficiency and performance.
- Defined strategic plans that optimized the use of IT with business goal alignment. Created short range plans with clear objectives that cascade into longer-term strategies.
- Designed, implemented and maintained the corporate network, extranet/intranet networks and internet networks across multiple data centers.
- Led cross-functional IT teams of 35+ infrastructure subject matter experts and engineers to implement IT infrastructure solution for the next generation power grid.
- IGM Global
It is with full confidence that I recommend Dr. Terrence Gatsby for position within your organization. Dr. Gatsby possesses a distinctive combination of technology skills and business acumen. He is a highly dedicated and energized professional with expertise in defining and executing strategy, new market development, and driving growth. He has delivered profitable P&Ls with revenues ranging to $9.5MM in start-up and turn-around situations. Adding to his unique skill set, Dr. Gatsby has the ability to dive deep into the technology while framing the technical details with the overall business objective. Dr. Gatsby is an executive leader seasoned through periods of rapid growth and turbulent economic times. He has built and led numerous high performing delivery teams that have exuded excitement, excellence, and energy.
I first met Dr. Gatsby in 2011. For many years, Dr. Gatsby was our Director of Information Technology and his performance was exceptional. Dr. Gatsby is an excellent communicator and is known for being someone who can get to the root of issues, offering up real solutions. He has a great reputation for being dependable. It is no secret that Dr. Gatsby can always be relied upon to do what he says he’ll do. His integrity remains unblemished and he is highly respected in his field. There is no doubt in my mind that he has everything it takes and more, to be a very successful senior level IT executive.
I highly recommend Dr. Gatsby for this position knowing that he’ll bring professionalism, knowledge and integrity to the table. Dr. Gatsby really would be an excellent addition to your organization. In fact, I genuinely believe that any organization would be fortunate to have him on board and I wish him every success in his/her new endeavors.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.Hybrid Logic Media
I have known Terrence Gatsby for some time. He has held the role of Chief Information Officer at Clout.com, where I am the COO. In all my years of experience, Terrence stands out for his professionalism including his intelligence, work ethic, integrity, positive attitude, teamwork mentality, leadership, diligence, and project management skills. He is well respected throughout the organization for being the “go-to” person for information technology advice and guidance.
Throughout the time I’ve known him, he has consistently demonstrated a positive attitude that influences everyone who comes in contact with him. During his time with Clout, he played an important role in helping launch the company’s online products. This included developing the company’s technology roadmap in order to establish an A.I. driven data product connected to the accounting, money transfer, and identity verification Application Programming Interface (API) of over 19,000 participating banks. In fact, he has been so effective in this role that Clout is now considered one of the leading financial technology firms in the arena of card-linked rewards and transactional intelligence.
In summation, due to his great attitude, dedication, and excellent potential, I would heartily recommend Terrence Gatsby for additional services in a consulting or advisory role. I am confident he would be a great asset to any team or organization.
In summation, due to his great attitude, dedication, and excellent potential, I would heartily recommend Terrence Gatsby for additional services in a consulting or advisory role. I am confident he would be a great asset to any team or organization.Clout